As defined by OSHA and ANSI, an Authorized Person is simply a worker on a at a location where he/she will be working in heights. TomKat Safety’s 4 Hr Authorized Person course prepares them to work in heights safety.
Whether you work in heights one time a year or daily, TomKat Safety’s Authorized Person Course will teach the worker the best practice of working safely in heights. This course features a combination of lecture, demonstration and hands-on exercises. This course is designed for ANYONE who works in heights.
NOTE: Please be sure students bring their fall protection equipment with them to the training.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following topics:
- Safety culture of fall protection
- Using the correct fall protection equipment
- Inspection of fall protection equipment
- Donning your fall protection
- Anchor, Body Harness, Connecting Device
- Compatible connections
- Importance of Rescue from Heights
- Fall Prevention vs Fall Restraint vs Fall Arrest
- How to properly use, inspect, maintain, store and care for equipment
Certification: Photo wallet card
Course Length: 4 hours
Class Size: 25 students
Price: Contact TomKat Safety
Special group rates available.
16 Hour Competent Person
24 Hour Competent Person EM385-1-1
Competent Person Refresher
Competent Person Train-the-Trainer
Fall Protection Awareness
Rescue from Fall Arrest
Aerial Lift, Telehandler & Forklift
Confined Space – Awareness
Confined Space – Non Entry Rescue
Confined Space – Entry Rescue
Excavation/Trenching Competent Person
Scaffolding Competent Person